Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Search the Catalog
Search Central Texas College Library and Beyond.
While most of your paper should consist of your own thoughts and ideas, it is important to include the research and ideas of others and give them credit for their work. When you do this, you are citing sources. Citing sources helps you because it:
- Demonstrates you have done the necessary research to learn as much as possible about your topic,
- Provides evidence for your arguments,
- Makes your work more credible because you have considered a variety of resources,
- Helps you avoid plagiarism, and
- Allows you (and your audience) to locate the source when conducting further research.