Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Search the Catalog
Search Central Texas College Library and Beyond.
From the American System to Mass Production, 1800-1932 by
Call Number: TS 149 H68 1984
Publication Date: 1984-04-01
The American system of manufactures in the Antebellum period -- The sewing machine and the American system of manufactures -- Mass production in American woodworking industries: a case study -- The McCormick reaper works and American manufacturing technology in the nineteenth century -- The Ford Motor Company and the rise of mass production in America -- Cul-de-sac: the limits of Fordism and the coming of "flexible mass production" -- The ethos of mass production and its critics.
Fundamentals of Building Construction by
Call Number: TH 145 A417 2014
Publication Date: 2013-10-14
Emphasizing common construction systems such as light wood frame, masonry bearing wall, steel frame, and reinforced concrete construction, the new edition includes new information on building materials properties; the latest on "pre-engineered" building components and sustainability issues; and reflects the latest building codes and standards. It also features an expanded series of case studies along with more axonometric detail drawings and revised photographs for a thoroughly illustrated approach"
Juran on Quality by Design by
Call Number: TS 156 J854 1992
Publication Date: 1992-05-04
1. How to Think About Quality Planning -- 2. Establish Quality Goals -- 3. Identify the Customers. Appendix: Then and Now in Quality Control -- 4. Determine Customer Needs -- 5. Provide Measurement -- 6. Develop Product Features -- 7. Develop Process Features -- 8. Develop Process Controls: Transfer to Operations -- 9. Strategic Quality Planning -- 10. Multifunctional Quality Planning -- 11. Departmental Quality Planning -- 12. The Data Base, Motivation, Training -- 13. Quality Planning for the Taurus: Case Example -- 14. Decisions for the Consumer Price Index: Case Example -- 15. Replanning the Product Development Process: Case Example -- Epilogue: What Should I Do Next?
Mechanical and Electrical Equipment for Buildings by
Call Number: TH 6010 S74 2014
Publication Date: 2014-10-06
• Part I. The building design context : Design process
• Part II. Design fundamentals : Thermal comfort –
• Part III. Passive environmental systems : Daylighting –
• Part IV. Active environmental systems : Active climate control : HVAC components ; HVAC systems Part V. Acoustics : Fundamentals of architectural acoustics
• Part VI. Fire protection
• Part VII. Electricity : Principles of electricity
• Part VIII. Signal systems
• Part IX. Transportation
• Part X. Appendices : Metrication, SI units and conversions -- Climatic conditions for the United States, Canada, and Mexico -- Solar and daylighting design data -- Solar geometry -- Thermal properties of materials and assemblies -- Ventilation and infiltration -- Heating and cooling design guidelines and information -- Standards/guidelines for energy- and resource-efficient building design performance -- Economic analysis -- Sound transmission data -- Design analysis software.
3D Printing 2E by
Call Number: eBook
Publication Date: 2018-12-10
"This book is a clear and concise guide to Additive Manufacturing (AM), now a well-established valuable tool for making models and prototypes, and also a manufacturing method for molds and final parts finding applications in industries such as medicine, car manufacturing, and aerospace engineering. The book was designed as a supporting material for special courses on advanced manufacturing technology, and for supplementing the content of traditional manufacturing lessons. This second edition has been updated to account for the recent explosion of availability of small, inexpensive 3D printers for domestic use, as well as new industrial printers for series production that have come onto the market. Contents: - Basics of 3D Printing Technology - Additive Manufacturing Processes/3D Printing - The Additive Manufacturing Process Chain and Machines for Additive Manufacturing - Applications of Additive Manufacturing - Perspectives and Strategies of Additive Manufacturing - Materials and Design - Glossary of Terms, Abbreviations, and Definitions"-
Roll-To-Roll Manufacturing by
Call Number: eBook
Publication Date: 2018-02-22
single-volume resource featuring state-of-the art reviews of key elements of the roll-to-roll manufacturing processing methodology Roll-to-roll (R2R) manufacturing is an important manufacturing technology platform used extensively for mass-producing a host of film-type products in several traditional industries such as printing, silver-halide photography, and paper. Over the last two decades, some of the methodologies and know-how of R2R manufacturing have been extended and adapted in many new technology areas, including microelectronics, display, photovoltaics, and microfluidics. This comprehensive book presents the state-of-the-art unit operations of the R2R manufacturing technology, providing a practical resource for scientists, engineers, and practitioners not familiar with the fundamentals of R2R technology. Roll-to-Roll Manufacturing: Process Elements and Recent Advances reviews new developments in areas such as flexible glass, display, and photovoltaics and covers a number of process innovations implemented recently to extend and improve the capabilities of traditional R2R lines. It covers such topics as: coating and solidification processes, in-line vacuum deposition, drying, web handling and winding, polymer film substrates, novel hybrid composite films, flexible solar cells and more. Additionally, this book: Examines key elements (unit operations) of the R2R technology, and discusses how these elements are utilized and integrated to achieve desired process efficiencies in a host of applications. Illustrates several established and novel application areas where R2R processing is utilized in current or future products. Discusses process design methodology and key advantages of R2R manufacturing technology over batch or sheet-to-sheet operations. Roll-to-Roll Manufacturing: Process Elements and Recent Advances is an ideal book for undergraduate and graduate students in various science and engineering disciplines, as well as for scientists, engineers, and technical and business leaders associated in any way with the development, commercialization, and manufacture of a variety of film products.
Tribology in Manufacturing Processes and Joining by Plastic Deformation by
Call Number: eBook
Publication Date: 2014-06-30
Collection of selected, peer reviewed papers from the 6th International Conference on Tribology in Manufacturing Processes & Joining by Plastic Deformation, June 22-24, 2014, Darmstadt, Germany. The 63 papers are grouped as follows: Chapter 1: Plenary Keynotes, Chapter 2: Wear and Friction Testing, Chapter 3: Machining Operations, Chapter 4: Sheet Forming, Chapter 5: Massive Forming, Chapter 6: Lubrication and Surface Treatments,Chapter 7: Metallurgical Joining, Chapter 8: Simulation of Joining Processes,Chapter 9: Mechanical Joining